Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a Clydesdale!

Do you know what a clydesdale is? Most people do and they wouldn't really want to compare themselves to one. I had no idea what a clydesdale was but I learned by entering in a 5k race last year which has now caused me to compare. When I signed up I just checked off the box by my weight and paid no attention to the division title of clydesdale, which corresponded with my weight. It turns out I didn't do too bad in the race becuase I received a letter a couple weeks later congratulating me on winning my division. I was bragging to Craig about my accomplishment and he warned me NOT to be too proud about it. I was confused and right then he knew I needed a visual. So he pulled up a picture of a Budweiser horse and I immediately understood. He had a good laugh at me but I still think he's proud that he married such a work horse, even if us clydesdales look big and bulky.

Do you see a resemblance? This is one of those horses that pull the carriages you can ride around in NYC. I think I could pull a carriage too. Ha.





Here's me and the "normal" sized horses I ran with. I guess I need a picture every now and then to really see a difference between me and my friends, otherwise I feel like a "normal" horse too.


Even my pregnant friends look like they are normal size.









7 comments:

Kristen said...

You're too funny! I can't believe they actually called it the 'clyesdale' division! That's just mean! I could never run a 5k so just the face that you did it is very cool. Congradulations! At least you can still look up to your hubby :). That's gotta count for something right? :) LOL!

Angel Dawn said...

Sar: I remember that story it is hilarious!! It goes right along with the comment, "Hey Strong Girl on the floor..." Sorry for not emailing you back I have been a slacker with that stuff lately. You are right I will have to be purchasing a gun for when A.J. starts dating.....

The Tobey's said...

You are hilarious! I wish I could have ran the 5k with you, we will run races when you move back!

Whitney said...

Hello, hello! I found your blog on Krystal's. Sarah, I think I've been a clydesdale too in a race and I didn't like the sound of it. Long time no see! How's everything going?

john said...

Its about time you update your blog.
Are you going to tell everyone else more funny stories?
Why don't you tell some about Craig? He's a funny guy even if he does use face book.

Gary Hutton said...

Congratulations on 5K. I do not think we knew you were in the race. I have watched for a long time on how you are innocent to many things. I have seen this in myself also. Then I recognize this in my mother as well. This is a tremendous tool to bless our lives. Just remember to keep up the great enthusiasm.

dad

Lauren and Christopher said...

HAHA! Thats so funny! Lauren and I laughed out loud at that. Sarah you are tall. Craig it was good to see you a while ago. Sorry I was so busy. Next time you guys come through the airport, ask a policeman if I am working. I will have more time to hang out with you guys now that I am a cop. All I do is eat donuts and drink coffee. (Hot Chocolate..) Love you guys hope you are doing well. Craig you are still the sexiest man alive and I mean it. Sarah you have tall legs and arms. Seriously though we miss guys a lot.

See you when we see ya!