Sunday, September 21, 2008

Funny Bike Story


Let me set the background that led up to this tragedy. Okay, Sarah has been doing this triathalon training with her freinds and she wanted a new road bike so that she could train on a bike. The night that we picked the bike up from REI we took it for it's maiden voyage on the canal path behind our house. We had traveled like 7 miles up the path and it was getting dark so we turned around and were hustling back to the house when I noticed something running towards the path. As we got closer I realized that my little running friend was actually a SKUNK coming towards the bike path. I perceded to slamb on my breaks, but Sarah didn't see it in time and ran right over the center of the little guy with both tires. The skunk decided that it was necessary to spray at this time and covered the bike and Sarah's leg with pungent skunk juice. We did not realize the magnitude of how much got on Sarah and the bike until we were riding again and I could smell it wafting off of her as she road in front of me. Luckily when we got home Sarah had some salt scrub that she used to take off all affected layers of skin and she was allowed to sleep inside that night.

16 comments:

syerke said...

Thanks again for letting me sleep inside babe...

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

I love it! I'm glad you let sarah sleep inside!

Andee said...

Oh that is so good, Sar! Hilarious! I miss you!

Kelly said...

Get the video off the blog, dude! Okay, I understand putting it on the blog as a post, letting it be a thing of the past. But right at the corner as a permanent resident on every page? I might have to stop talking to you again...or it might be spit wads coming at you in sacrament meeting.

But, I do love the skunk story. And I'm happy you shared your blog with me. And what, with all this blog sharing, here you go. We've got some kind of funny stories, too. Here's a hint...it has to do with Jared and corn dogs.
www.barbylane.blogspot.com

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Sarah, now you can say you've almost smelled as bad as Craig!!! just kidding, funny story!

Aubrey said...

I didn't know Sarah needed to be "sprayed by a skunk" to use as an excuse to why she's always smelling so funny. haha :) jk bud I love ya. :) miss you!

Kylie Walker said...

Yay! You guys have a blog! I cannot believe you ran over a skunk with just your bicycle...that's impressive.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

HeatherB said...

Oh Sarah! That is a tradgedy. I am glad you got a new bike though.

Kelly said...

Hmmm...so Sarah is the culprit. What to do with this new bit of information? Well, I don't want you to ever be sorry for inviting me to your blog, so I think I'll let it lay low for a while, put it on the back burner, so to speak. And, it's Sarah, and she's sweet and I know she didn't do it to embarass me, unlike someone else who put it on YouTube and started distributing DVDs. :)

Camille said...

ha ha thats hilarious! Poor little skunk!

Ryan and Jessica said...

Hey guys! Your blog is so fun! Its so great to see whatcha been up to! Only one year to go in school? Thats exciting!

Ryan and Jessica said...

Hey guys, its so fun to see your blog! I am sorry about the skunk, thats a bummer! Only one year to go...how exciting!

The Tobey's said...

Umm...that is pretty much the funniest story I've ever heard! Lata bomb

The Hamlin Family said...

Funny story Sarah!!! What a nice husband you have to let you sleep inside...I would have given it a few days if Matt got sprayed by a skunk. I'm so glad you have a blog...Now I can be more updated with what's going on with you.

Oh, our blog is private...so send me your email address and I'll send you an invite. (hamlin_family@hotmail.com)
I hope you don't mind if I add you to our blog.

-Erin
PS...I think I knew that you were related to JR...but you just reminded me!!!

The Tobey's said...

Hey Hutt, I guess I'm tagging you so you are suppose to go to my blog and check out what you are suppose to do. Lata bomb